The GOP Is A Terror Group
If Republicans can brand Democrats socialists, a charge based primarily on hysteria rather than facts, why wouldn’t Democrats not brand Republicans’ terrorists?
They have a mountain of evidence on which to build their case.
- Republican lawmakers are defending the participants of the Jan. 6 attempted coup.
- They are O.K with white Americans using their guns to intimidate and shoot peaceful protesters(The “white” qualifier is necessary. Black Americans carrying guns run the risk of being terminated).
- Congressional Republicans are willing to reward white men who intimidate and shoot peaceful protestors with Capitol internships.
- They are sharing videos their followers could construe as death fatwas against Democratic members of congress.
- The GOP leadership has refused to support the bipartisan House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, in which hundreds of white supremacists and other extremists participated.
- And Republicans are aiding and abetting white supremacy knowing the the Department of Homeland Security considers these extremist the greatest terror threat to the country.
A 2017 report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that of the 85 deadly extremist incidents since 9/11, far-right-wing extremist groups were responsible for 73%, while radical Islamist extremists were responsible for 27%.
A political party is defined by its leaders, not by its foot soldiers, so why not label the party a terror group?
Section 802 of the USA PATRIOT defines domestic terrorism as activities that:
–Involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State.
–Appear to be intended to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.
You may think it’s a stretch to list the Republican Party as a terror group under the above designations, but give them time. They are just getting started.